The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 20,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with over a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 350+ employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are seeking a driven PR Specialist to join our Comms team in San Francisco. You’ll be a critical member of a Comms team equipped with everything needed to run an enviable PR program, including a truly differentiated and industry-leading product; loyal, passionate customers; a collaborative, fun environment; brilliant leaders and a hyper-growth trajectory.
The PR Specialist will support our global external communications program. Key components of the program include media and influencer relations, product launches, speaking and award management, thought leadership strategies and more. This new role will support the day-to-day management of our PR agencies in the US and Dublin. There's lots of room for growth and creativity, and we thrive on big ideas.
You should have experience translating business objectives into a strategic and integrated media relations program that builds brand awareness and drives business results. You should be highly organized, with strong PR fundamentals and a finely-tuned sense for what makes a compelling story. You know how to develop creative angles for news and proactive pitches, bylines, abstracts and speaking and award submissions. You’re very familiar enterprise tech media landscape.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Day-to-day business, tech and trade media relations, in partnership with our agencies
- Play an active hands-on role in the management of US and EMEA PR agencies
- Manage executive speaking and award programs
- General PR support for launches, proactive stories, and thought leadership programs
- Work with in-house Comms team and PR agencies to develop and place proactive corporate, product, partner and customer stories
- Support executive interview prep
- On-site support for various media and tech events
What skills do I need? 📖
- Minimum 2-3 years of PR agency experience, B2B tech PR experience required
- Experience conceiving and pitching stories to business and tech media with a proven track record of success
- Ability to develop and edit bylines, pitches, speaking abstracts, award submissions, briefing materials and other comms documents
- Strong project management and prioritization skills with experience handling multiple projects at once
- Process-driven with absolutely stellar organizational skills and attention to detail
- A great attitude and an inclination toward continuous improvement and growth
- The ability to adapt in a fluid, high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal)
- Team player with a sense of ownership and "get things done" approach
- A sense of humor
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Passion for enterprise tech
- Imagination and creativity a plus
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Director of Brand Design
Stewart manages designers and front-end developers who keep the face of Intercom in tip-top shape. He collaborates on and helps direct the overall visual identity of the brand.
Back to top