People Development Program Manager, L&D
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
The People Operations team is looking to hire our first People Development Program Manager! You will help build and scale a program that focuses on individual development, strengthening our leadership and creating a culture of learning and development. It is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of a new team focused on inspiring the trajectory of our growing, global workforce.
What will I be doing?
- Partner with the People Operations team to help design, build and implement learning, development and training programs for all stages of an employee’s life at Intercom including professional growth, leadership development, effective management programs, and company-wide initiatives to empower and embed our culture
- Drive and own inclusion programs globally to help enhance our culture
- Work closely with leadership/People Operations to understand ongoing needs and strive for continuous improvement and upgrades in training program effectiveness
- Partner with organization leaders to implement innovative training solutions (e.g., classroom, e-learning, and social networking tools), that address organizational skills gaps and enable successful achievement of business objectives and continuous learning
- Manage the relationships with external partners and assess the effectiveness of the training and find ways to improve it
- Partner with the People Operations and Recruiting teams to onboard and train new employees
- Partner with the People Operations team to assess and measure employee engagement
- Define and track business impact metrics and ROI on training investments
What skills do I need?
- 4+ years experience in a learning and development role; experience in a technology startup environment is highly desired
- Experience developing, managing and facilitating relevant programs, curriculum and materials and experience designing a thoughtful and impactful training and development program
- Have a growth mindset to help enhance our culture
- Passionate about personal development, training, learning and seeing individuals develop to their fullest potential
- Have some experience creating innovative training programs addressing varying levels of experience and learning styles
- Experience assessing organizational, program, and individual level needs analysis to identify and drive learning and development programs to address targeted areas of opportunity
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees, in small and large settings, on a variety of professional development content areas
- Understand how projects support training and business goals, ensuring that initiatives align with the training vision, strategy, and implementation requirements to drive results in a performance-based learning culture
- You have strong planning, organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment, and exceptional independent problem-solving skills
- You have high attention to detail & quality
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Director of Brand Design
Stewart manages designers and front-end developers who keep the face of Intercom in tip-top shape. He collaborates on and helps direct the overall visual identity of the brand.
Back to top