The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
Office Managers at Intercom are sharp and ambitious. They are constantly thinking about what else they can do to help out and make an impact. We're looking for someone who can visually and logistically deliver the fundamentals of our culture and values on a day-to-day basis -- from a hyper-detailed eye for keeping things pristine, to a proactive mindset keeping things run as smooth as possible, to a scrappy and resourceful nature that will keep you hustling, to being a creative problem-solver for the team.
There are currently 115+ employees based in our San Francisco office, with plenty of room to grow.
Your mission will be to manage that space efficiently and creatively, bringing alive the company culture, and delivering an office experience and office "vibe" that is true to our values. This includes everything from facilitating the day-to-day runnings of the office (building and owning the employee office experience, managing vendor relationships, ordering supplies and snacks, tidying the office), to larger one-off projects (such as fitting out new space or helping to arrange events).
What will I be doing?
- Owning the employee office experience and office condition for a fast-growing office of 115+ employees
- Project managing and overseeing the fit-out of all expansion projects in San Francisco
- Overseeing that we have a friendly and personal guest experience
- Working with others to iterate and improve on the functionality of the office
- Helping to facilitate and support internal events and on-site events
- Interfacing with property management and all office service providers to keep the office in pristine condition at all times (internet, electricity, cleaning, maintenance, etc.)
- Owning meal management and overseeing daily catered meals for the office
- Maintaining a healthy variety of snacks and drinks at all times - avoiding snack boredom
- Maintaining the availability, organization and accessibility of office and company supplies
- Partnering with Office team members in various locations to set up virtual meetings between offices, ensuring seamless execution
- Diligently attending to some administrative and operational assignments to support the office/facilities
- Manage an Office Experience Coordinator
- Other special projects, as assigned
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years experience owning and developing the office experience in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- People management - have had 1 or more direct reports
- Experience managing the fit-out of a new space or owning an expansion project, highly desired
- Be highly ambitious, self-directed, motivated, and always looking for more responsibility
- Excellent problem-solving skills and naturally helpful and resourceful
- Detail-oriented - a natural at noticing the "little things"
- Have developed a strong sense of design and space efficiencies, enabling you to back up design and layout opinions, and be able to articulate why certain space and details are or aren’t appealing
- Have experience in space management working with contractors to build out and use office spaces in new and exciting ways
- Be experienced with Apple products and Google services like gmail, google calendar & google drive
- Have excellent communication skills: write and speak confidently, concisely, and clearly
- Be hospitable, warm, personable and extremely approachable
- Excellent communication skills - written and spoken
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Lead Finance Analyst
Kim keeps Intercom financially healthy by monitoring the metrics that inform long-term plans and budgeting decisions. Then she helps assess the financial impact of all strategic initiatives.
Back to top