Manager, Relationship Management
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
The Manager of our Relationship Management team is a new and integral role within the maturing sales organization. Reporting to the Director of North American Sales, this person will be responsible for all aspects of planning, building, and running a highly performing team. We are looking for a highly effective leader that excels at both developing their team’s skills while being fully responsible for all aspects of delivering an exceptional experience to our growing customer base while driving revenue growth and customer retention.
What will I be doing?
- Effectively developing, coaching and inspiring a group of variously experienced Relationship Managers to provide world class service to our customers, helping them realize increasing value in our platform.
- Completely running day to day post-sale operations for their team in a data driven manner.
- Forecasting - Accurately predicting revenue growth and retention on a monthly and quarterly basis, identifying upsell/cross-sell opportunity and churn risk
- Hiring – Build a talented team that raises delivers incredible value to our customers through consultative engagement and selling
- Translating high-level team and company strategy into actionable goals and tactics for their team. Measuring progress towards those goals effectively
- Inspiring - Leading from the front and challenging the team run towards exciting challenges, helping us realize our true ambition and opportunity
- Developing, evaluating, and executing processes and policies to improve our level of service
- Working cross functionally with other the rest of the GTM and R&D teams
- Working directly with other functions to ensure that we deliver best-in-class products and services to our customers
- Executing on discrete projects with collocated teams and individuals
- Teach, and embody, our Intercom company values and team operating principles
- Contributing directly to the strategic direction of the team by offering regular, radically candid, feedback and input to the leadership team
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years experience achieving and exceeding individual contributor goals in a revenue owning and closing role
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing a team of individual contributors
- Experience as a Manager of Managers a strong positive
- Proven experience–and passion for–teaching, developing, and growing the people they work with
- Able to combine great people intuition, business judgement and discretion in decision-making
- Proven experience in management practices within a complex and matrixed environment
- Successful track record of designing, implementing, and validating processes and policies
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal)
- Exemplary sales skills and understanding of what it takes to succeed in a front-line customer sales role
- The ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities (ability to make trade-offs effectively) and adapt rapidly to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Team player with a strong sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree desirable
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Lead Finance Analyst
Kim keeps Intercom financially healthy by monitoring the metrics that inform long-term plans and budgeting decisions. Then she helps assess the financial impact of all strategic initiatives.
Back to top