Manager, Relationship Management
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Head of EMEA Relationship Management is an integral role within Intercom’s sales team. Reporting to the Director of Europe/Middle-East/Africa, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of planning, building, and running a highly performing sales team. We are looking for a highly effective leader that excels at both developing their team’s skills while driving revenue growth and customer retention.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You’ll be managing and leading a team of Relationship-Managers for the EMEA region
- You’ll be inspirational - Leading from the front and challenging the team run towards exciting challenges, helping us realize our true ambition and opportunity
- You’ll be building a talented team that raises delivers incredible value to our customers through consultative engagement and selling
- You'll translate high-level team and company strategy into actionable goals and tactics for their team.
- You’ll measure progress towards those goals effectively
- You’ll teach and embody our Intercom company values and team operating principles
- You’ll contribute directly to the strategic direction of the team by offering regular, radically candid feedback and input to the leadership team
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have 5+ years experience achieving and exceeding individual contributor goals in a closing role
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience managing a team of sales representatives
- You have proven experience and passion for teaching, developing, and growing the people they work with
- You’re able to combine great people intuition, business judgment, and discretion in decision-making
- You have experience in management practices within a fast moving environment
- You have the ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities (ability to make trade-offs effectively) and adapt rapidly to a fluid, high-growth environment
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- We'd love to see some SaaS B2B experience
- Fluent in a second language would be a plus
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us!
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Business Operations Manager
Jin spearheads cross-functional projects that unite teams around new systems or strategic initiatives. Her projects span across Intercom's teams and offices, from Marketing and Sales to Engineering and Growth.
Back to top