Manager, Administration and Operations
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What’s the opportunity?
The right candidate for this position must be adaptable to growing and changing responsibilities as our company scales. This is a dynamic role for which there will never be an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
We are seeking an experienced administrative professional in a high visibility role in our San Francisco office. The Manager, Administration provides team leadership to the administrative staff and support to senior leadership on ongoing operational projects. Reporting to the Director of People Operations, this role focuses on administrative oversight, project management and supporting backend operations.
What will I be doing?
Administrative Team Leadership
- Supervise and coach executive and administrative assistants within our global offices
- Assist in recruiting, training, staffing and overflow workload management of administrative staff
- Actively contribute to the growth and development of the team
Senior-Level Administrative Support
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings, including calendaring, agenda management, note taking and logistical support, as back-up to the primary support team
- Plan and coordinate people, tasks, logistics, events and/or training
- Provide additional support for leadership, when needed
- Project and task management of office-wide initiatives
Project Management & Compliance Support
- Support the People Operations and Office Experience teams with contract management, including adherence to contract payment and invoicing schedules
- Manage contractor agreements and oversee NDA compliance
- Support and coordinate cross-functional compliance projects and processes
- Additional special projects, as assigned
This is a full-time position. You must be available and willing to occasionally work and answer e-mails outside of office hours, including weekends, when required.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years experience in a strategically administrative role supporting a VP or C-Level executive in a fast-paced work environment
- Supervisory experience within an administrative setting, with strong people management skills
- Ambitious, self-motivated, always keen to learn and improve
- Able to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High bar for professionalism, and confidentiality with the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- Administrative and logistical support for senior leadership and executives
- Extremely organized, with a knack for noticing and remembering details and attentive to details
- Enthusiastic and eager to help wherever you can
- Expert with Gmail, Google calendar, Google tools, MS Office
- Fluent with the internet and internet culture, able to research anything effectively online
- A daily user of mobile software & apps
- Ability to travel abroad occasionally
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Business Operations Manager
Jin spearheads cross-functional projects that unite teams around new systems or strategic initiatives. Her projects span across Intercom's teams and offices, from Marketing and Sales to Engineering and Growth.
Back to top