Manager, Account Development Representatives
The way businesses talk to people online today is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring sales, marketing & customer service products to one messaging platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations with the people that matter. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom is the only business messenger to let you talk to consumers just about anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email.
Intercom invented in-app messaging in 2011, and today more than 13,000 businesses use Intercom to reach a billion people around the world. Intercom has 300 employees split between its San Francisco headquarters and its Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
In this very pivotal role for Intercom, the right candidate will lead and inspire the lead generation engine for sales from both an inbound and outbound perspective. This person will not only be a very successful frontline manager of earlier stage sales professionals but will also be capable of leaning in to help develop the global strategy moving forward.
What will I be doing?
- Lead the team responsible for pursuit of new revenue opportunities at Intercom - both inbound and outbound
- Partner effectively with cross functional teams (such as Financial Analytics, Business Operations, Sales Operations) to develop the outbound strategy for Intercom
- Develop a team that is best in class at contacting, identifying and qualifying key decision makers within target organizations
- Ensure prompt response and qualification of inbound opportunities, partner effectively cross functionally (such as Demand Gen) to ensure proper headcount coverage to tie to IB channel optimization, etc.
- Properly position our products and solutions across all vertical markets
- Recruit, hire, develop, retain and mentor early stage inside sales professionals, help create the roadmap of career growth within the Intercom sales engine
- Consistently meet and exceed goals
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of B2B enterprise solution sales experience (SaaS preferred)
- 1+ years of experience in B2B SaaS solutions sales leadership (Team Lead and/or Manager)
- A history of consistently performing above team quota
- Experience working with Salesforce.com (or other CRM)
Bonus skills & attributes
- BA or BS from an accredited college or university
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
Back to top