The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a product-first technology company, spread across three offices in Chicago, Dublin and San Francisco, an excellent IT function is critical to our company’s success. We are looking to hire a hands-on IT engineer to join our IT team in Dublin. If you’re technically excellent and passionate about developing IT into a strategic company asset while providing employees with the tools they need to do the best job possible, and if you’re a technology enthusiast looking for excellence in everything you do and want to work for the best product-focused software company of our generation - then this is the role that will shape and grow your career.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You’ll contribute to and execute on our IT strategy and roadmap for Intercom that supports the company’s vision and long-term company goals
- You’ll build and nurture a positive working relationship between IT and the rest of the company
- You’ll provide technical mentorship and guidance to our frontline IT Experience Specialists
- You’ll get to plan, coordinate and execute cross-organizational projects
- You’ll maintain and improve the security of our IT infrastructure and application platforms
- You’ll raise the bar for IT excellence in our industry,
- This is a platform to make this opportunity your career-defining role
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have prior experience being successful in a Technical IT role
- You’ve managed and executed many different projects
- Someone with experience with Identity Management solutions like Okta and OneLogin would be very exciting for us
- You’ve worked with office networks of medium and high complexity
- You’re adept at technically advising and mentoring support teams
- You have knowledge of administration of Apple computer products using enterprise management tools
- You have a great desire to be part of the best IT team in the industry
- You should have proficiency in a scripting language
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- While this is a lead role, lead experience isn’t essential, any experience leading a team is a bonus
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us!
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Director of Brand Design
Stewart manages designers and front-end developers who keep the face of Intercom in tip-top shape. He collaborates on and helps direct the overall visual identity of the brand.
Back to top