Executive Assistant to VP of Engineering
The way businesses talk to people online today is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring sales, marketing & customer service products to one messaging platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations with the people that matter. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom is the only business messenger to let you talk to consumers just about anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email.
Intercom invented in-app messaging in 2011, and today more than 13,000 businesses use Intercom to reach a billion people around the world. Intercom has 300 employees split between its San Francisco headquarters and its Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
Intercom is growing fast. We’ve created an environment where software product teams, with big ambitions, can ship high quality product to our customers every week. Our entire R&D team is based in Dublin, including a team of more than 60 engineers from companies like Amazon, Google and Facebook.
Our VP of Engineering leads this large team on its way to building a world changing product. We’re looking for an Executive Assistant who will support them in all aspects of their day to day work.
In this role you will be a partner and a right hand to the VP, working with our leadership team, learning about the business and having exposure to high-level decision making that impacts the entire company. Your curiosity will help you grow in this role and find new and better ways of getting things done, and strive to have greater impact across the team and company.
What will I be doing?
This is a dynamic role for which there will never be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, especially as the role grows and evolves - both with the company, and as a result of individual growth within the role. That said, the following things will often be on your to-do list:
- Administrative support including calendar management involving high-volume/complexity, frequent re-prioritization of meetings and the ability to strategically prioritize access to your executive
- Booking flights and hotels, coordinating details so that the VP is always prepared during trips
- Informing the VP of employee updates and milestones (performance reviews, anniversaries etc.)
- Helping with inbox management, ensuring that the VP is on top of all communications
- Owning strategic projects to help support the business needs of the team by collaborating with directors and leaders
- Helping project manage major/cross-functional tasks and projects
- Striving to deeply understand the team's goals, and working with the VP to ensure that their time is organized accordingly
- Thoroughly researching and concisely reporting on anything from immigration procedures, to a competitive product, to conferences, to event space (etc.) in a timely fashion
- Miscellaneous tasks, occasionally these will be personal in nature
This is a full-time position. You must be available and willing to occasionally work and answer e-mails outside of office hours, including weekends, when required.
What skills do I need?
This role is the right fit if you’re obsessively organized, but with a creative, problem-solving edge. You seek information beyond what is plainly presented to you, with an aim to understand the VP’s goals and actively find ways to be helpful in executing these goals. You should be enthusiastic and eager to help wherever you can, and do whatever it takes to ensure progress, while being friendly, collaborative and approachable.
You should also have:
- 3+ years experience supporting a VP, C-Level or General Manager executive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance
- High bar for professionalism and confidentiality
- Superb organizational skills and a knack for noticing and remembering details
- Excellent research skills, ability to research anything effectively online
- Familiarity with Gmail, Google calendar, Google Drive, mobile software & apps
- Ability to calmly deal with ambiguity and ambiguous situations
- (BONUS) A strong interest in technology and some experience in this area
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our roaming FlyeFit gyms in Dublin membership!
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Back to top