Executive Assistant to the Chief Strategy Officer / Co-Founder
The way businesses talk to people online today is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring sales, marketing & customer service products to one messaging platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations with the people that matter. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom is the only business messenger to let you talk to consumers just about anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email.
Intercom invented in-app messaging in 2011, and today more than 13,000 businesses use Intercom to reach a billion people around the world. Intercom has 300 employees split between its San Francisco headquarters and its Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
Intercom is growing rapidly, our revenue has increased 4-fold in 2015 and our Dublin R&D team has more than tripled in size in the past year. We're building something really incredible here at Intercom, on every dimension: the team, the people, the product, the business growth, the ambition, the opportunity. You will support one of the company's co-founders, Des Traynor, in realising the company's mission to make business personal. You can watch one of his talks here.
What will I be doing?
This is a dynamic role for which there will never be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, especially as the role grows and evolves - both with the company, and as a result of individual growth within the role. That said, the following things will often be on your to-do list:
- Directly support the Chief Strategy Officer
- Providing administrative strategic support by reading external research, summarizing and synthesising the content, writing content
- Own strategic projects to help support the business needs of the team by collaborating with directors and leaders
- Administrative support including calendar management involving high-volume/complexity, frequent re-prioritization of meetings and the ability to strategically prioritize access to your executive
- Booking flights and hotels, coordinating details so that travelers are always prepared during trips
- Helping out with recruiting, managing and organizing candidate pipelines, and onboarding new people into the team
- Help project manage major/cross-functional tasks and projects
- Informing the leader of employee updates and milestones, including performance reviews and anniversaries
- Strive to deeply understand the team's goals, and work with the executive to ensure that their time is organized accordingly
- Helping with inbox management and general correspondences, ensuring that the executive is on top of all communications
- Thoroughly research and concisely report on anything from immigration procedures, to a competitive product, to conferences, to event space (etc) in a timely fashion
- Miscellaneous tasks, occasionally these will be personal in nature
This is a full-time position. You must be available and willing to occasionally work and answer e-mails outside of office hours, including weekends, when required.
What skills do I need?
The ideal candidate will be obsessively organised, but with a creative, problem-solving edge. They will seek information beyond what is plainly presented to them, with an aim to wholly understand the goals of the executive they support. They will actively find ways to be helpful in executing these goals.
- 3+ years experience supporting a VP or C-Level executive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ambitious, self-motivated, always keen to learn and improve
- Able to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance
- High bar for professionalism, and confidentiality
- Extremely organized, with a knack for noticing and remembering details
- Enthusiastic and eager to help wherever you can, you’re always happy to whatever it takes to ensure progress
- Familiar with Gmail, Google calendar, Google drive, are pluses
- Fluent with the internet and internet culture, able to research anything effectively online
- A daily user of mobile software & apps
- Be friendly, collaborative, approachable, and warm
- Always very calm under pressure, in high intensity, sometimes chaotic environments
- Excellent in dealing with ambiguity and ambiguous situations
- (BONUS) A strong interest in technology, some experience in this area
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our roaming FlyeFit gyms in Dublin membership!
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Back to top