Director, Demand Generation
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
Whats the Opportunity?
The Marketing team at Intercom are passionate people who love their craft, sweat every detail, and push the boundaries of traditional B2B marketing. We exist to generate awareness for and take Intercom's suite of communication products to market. We reach prospective customers by publishing quality content on the Inside Intercom blog, writing books, producing podcasts, and hosting events. We help these people understand the jobs our products can be hired for through clear, no fluff product marketing and education. We're looking for people that have a higher bar to join our growing team of 30+ marketers across demand generation, content marketing, product marketing and education, design, communications, and events.
As the leader of Demand Generation at Intercom, you will create, oversee, and scale generation strategies across a variety of platforms and improve creation, conversion, quality and velocity of incoming leads. You’ll drive cross-functional collaboration across our Sales, Marketing and Growth Engineering teams, by managing, tracking and presenting program budgets by channel. You will also be tasked with growing, leading and coaching our current demand generation team of 3 and setting them up for success.
What will I be doing?
- Own our strategy for how Intercom generates demand for our suite of products amongst our target audiences.
- Lead, motivate, mentor, and grow the existing demand generation team.
- Manage contractor & agency relationships
- Own the quarterly planning process for the demand generation budget, ensuring that programs are executed and funds are allocated to maximize program ROI
- Work cross-functionally to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers
- Create and qualify leads through lead-generation initiatives including SEM, SEO, content marketing, nurture programs, partner marketing, social media, email campaigns, webinars and other MQL and SQL opportunities
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes across all channels
- Use analytics, customer data, and lead scoring to identify high growth customer segments
- Build reports and dashboards to provide visibility in marketing campaign results and measure campaign effectiveness, including outbound marketing metrics, lead distribution, opportunity stages, pipeline contribution, and ROI
- Report and present to the company on all campaign results
What skills do I need?
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to use data to optimize campaign performance and identify new opportunities
- Metrics driven approach, you are numerically strong and use data to inform strategic decisions and planning
- Excellent collaboration, this role requires you to work with Sales, Growth, and other Marketing teams
- Effective communication, you know how to win buy-in from functional and executive stakeholders
- Experience building, coaching and leading a team of marketing professional
- 7+ years of experience marketing in B2B technology, preferably in SaaS
- 3+ years experience building and leading a team of individual contributors and managers
- 5+ years of campaign creation, and response analysis
- Experience driving demand for enterprise software and services
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Director of Brand Design
Stewart manages designers and front-end developers who keep the face of Intercom in tip-top shape. He collaborates on and helps direct the overall visual identity of the brand.
Back to top