Customer Support Lead
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a Customer Support Lead to join our Sydney team!
The Customer Support team is primarily responsible for onboarding, educating, and supporting our customers on a global level. They start work the moment a customer decides they want to use Intercom, and they stick with them every step of the way to ensure they get the most value from the product. Customer Support Leads mentor and manage a team of highly dedicated customer support representatives and engineers.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Lead, mentor, organize, and grow a team of exceptionally talented and driven Intercomrades
- Drive improvements in response times and customer satisfaction within your team and across the entire customer support organization
- Develop and improve our processes, policies, and team values
- Work directly with other Leads to manage customer support operations, ensuring that their team’s output aligns to our company and team values
- Influence the direction of Intercom, the product. The Customer Support team collects feedback from users on a very large scale. You will lead and participate in cross-functional projects with product engineering and design, marketing, and sales acting as an advocate for both the customer and Intercom
- Work directly with your team to identify the most important challenges and, synthesizing the diverse feedback you hear from our customers, offer informed opinions on potential solutions. Hustle, defined as the fight to make positive, regular progress and encourage that fight in others, is key to the success of this team and Intercom as a whole
We like big thinkers with small egos who believe in our goal to build a uniquely impactful, long-lasting tech company. Our vision is to fundamentally change forever how Internet businesses and their customers communicate.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3+ years experience working in a customer support/service capacity, in a SaaS or technology company highly desired
- 1-2 years experience working in a role where you directly lead and managed people
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and inspire are a must
- Solid comprehension of statistics and ability to recognize patterns in data and provide recommendations based on those patterns
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Bachelor of Computer Science or a strong understanding/experience with modern programming languages, concepts, and software development patterns
- Previous experience scaling a customer support organization
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- A competitive salary
- Equity in a fast growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews: great work is rewarded!
- Work from home while contributing meaningfully to a very fast growing and dynamic startup
- Flexible holidays
- Something else that’s important to you? Talk to us :)
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Director of Brand Design
Stewart manages designers and front-end developers who keep the face of Intercom in tip-top shape. He collaborates on and helps direct the overall visual identity of the brand.
Back to top