Customer Education and Onboarding Specialist
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago Support office and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
Intercom’s customer base is growing exponentially. Our customers love our product because we invest hugely in R&D to provide the best solutions in their category, and we’ve only just launched a new product - Educate.
We deeply care about helping our customers get the value out of Intercom as quickly as possible. We’re looking for a Customer Education and Onboarding Specialist who is passionate about our product, results driven, and excited by working directly with customers, to help them achieve their customer communication goals with Intercom. As one of our first Customer Success teammates, you’ll be a key member of the team, helping us define and grow the role and the team.
We are asking our customers to put Intercom at the core of their businesses, and we can only do this by putting them at the core of ours. You will have the chance to onboard and educate customers from leading companies across multiple industries, helping them realize maximum value from our products. There is no up/cross selling or quota associated with your role, you will focus on helping customers get off on the right foot by helping onboard and teach them how to get the most from Intercom.We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. As a rapidly expanding business, there is a lot of opportunity for progression.
What will I be doing?
- Working with our important customers: understanding their business goals and identifying the tactics, strategies, and best practices needed to achieve them
- Creating onboarding and education plans to ensure customers implement Intercom in alignment with their goals and our best practices
- Successfully developing and delivering educational content while tracking progress
- Monitoring customer engagement and feature adoption throughout the customer lifecycle to ensure customers stay informed about product updates and current best practices
- Collaborating with internal account owners and the customer support team to reduce churn and surface expansion opportunities
- Developing world class expertise in the Intercom products, best practices, and implementation strategies for a broad range of use cases and customer goals
- Collecting feedback and channelling it to the Product Team
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years experience in SaaS Customer Support, Business Consulting, or Customer Success
- Experience working with Engineering teams, Sales, and Product Managers
- Strong domain knowledge in one or more Intercom’s product areas (Customer Support & Success, Marketing, Customer Acquisition & Sales)
- Previous experience with problem solving in a customer facing environment
- Desire to learn new customer communications best practices and approaches
- Passion for consulting and tactical empathy to apply and present complex solutions effectively
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to explain complex topics in easily understood, concise language [English]
Bonus skills & attributes
- Second language: Most useful, French, German or Spanish
- Desire and ability to contribute to our industry leading blog on topics relevant to your role
- Experience working with Intercom’s products
- Knowledge and experience in other marketing and customer communication tools and platforms
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our roaming FlyeFit gyms in Dublin membership!
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Lead Finance Analyst
Kim keeps Intercom financially healthy by monitoring the metrics that inform long-term plans and budgeting decisions. Then she helps assess the financial impact of all strategic initiatives.
Back to top