Software Architect - Full Stack
- Toronto, Canada
As Software Architect, you will work closely with clients to understand their business challenges and define solutions, direction, and technical project scope. You will lead a project team, facilitate architecture and technology decisions and deliver stories (hands-on coding). You will provide strategic and hands-on leadership on engagements ranging from proof-of-concept prototypes to bulletproof, long living, high volume production applications.
Intelliware has an exceptional 30+ year delivery track record, deep technical expertise and disciplined delivery and technical engineering practices. The way we build software is strongly influenced by the values of Extreme Programming: feedback, respect, courage, communication and simplicity. You’ll find continuous opportunities to learn, share knowledge and teach within your team and within the developer community at Intelliware via monthly educational sessions, study groups and hands-on R&D initiatives.
While working within a team in an Agile environment, you will be:
'Must Have' Skills/Experience:
- Proven software development and team/technical leadership experience
- Proven experience designing and developing complex applications that are highly scalable and extensible
- Proven sales/pre-sales and/or consultant experience for software development solutions
- Experience facilitating design/architecture discussions with current and prospective clients
- Defining and managing project scope
- Attention to well-crafted software
- Proven client-facing, partnership and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in: Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics (or equivalent education/experience)
'Nice to Have' Skills/Experience:
- Exposure to and enthusiasm for Agile approaches to software development e.g. automated testing, continuous integration, project rooms, pair programming, etc.
- Relational and/or noSQL databases, SQL queries and object relational mapping tools
- Distributed computing and platform as a service
- UNIX, Linux and W3C technologies including HTTP and XML
- Automated build, test and deployment tools
Intelliware is committed to diversity in the workplace. We are an inclusive employer and welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Applicants’ needs will be accommodated during our recruitment and selection process so please advise us if you require accommodation.
Back to top