Technical Specialist II
The Technical Specialist II is responsible for servicing coffee and installing espresso, coffee, hot water, and grinding equipment for Intelligentsia retail locations, facilities, and wholesale accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform routine and emergency field service and coffee equipment repairs for Intelligentsia facilities, retail locations, and wholesale customers in a timely and positive manner.
- Perform installations of espresso, brewing, and RO equipment for wholesale customers.
- Provide technical support by phone for wholesale and retail customers.
- Coordinate and dispatch service vendors for wholesale customers located in non-local markets.
- Maintain up-to-date and organized department records.
- Regularly maintain, organize, and clean service vehicle and shop area.
- Maintain and refurbish brewing equipment and other inventory in service shop.
- Be available every other weekend for on-call emergency services.
- Communicate regularly with Tech Service Manager and Sales Executives.
- Perform inventory of equipment and parts inventory monthly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) plus a minimum of 2 years of experience in coffee equipment service work required; bachelor's degree preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Certified training or experience on some or all of the following equipment preferred: La Marzocco, Synesso, Fetco, Mazzer, Wilbur Curtis, Grindmaster, and Mahlkonig.
- Experience installing and servicing water filtration and reverse osmosis water systems.
- High level of mechnical, electrical, and plumbing expertise.
- Understanding of electrical readings and experience with a multimeter.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to Intelligentsia retail locations and wholesale accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with coworkers and customers.
- Detail-oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem-solving.
- Flexible, with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
- Willing and available to work off-hours (weekends, early mornings, evenings, overnights) and travel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in the specialty coffee industry.
- Valid California driver's license and clean driving record.
Ability to read and write English proficiently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding).
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift 75 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to drive long distances on the highway.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office, retail, and warehouse environments. Warehouse is not climate-controlled.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Back to top