Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a nonexempt technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
In this internship you will be working alongside a World-class SOC design team within the Xeon Performance Group (XPG) delivering on next-generation Xeon products/IPs for Server markets.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the logical design of a microprocessor satisfies the architectural specification
- Creating and optimizing the validation environment, tools and methodologies
- Developing or using checking software to compare model behavior against a specification
- Generating focused and random test cases, analyzing coverage and debugging failure cases
- Writing software to provide controllability and observability into the architectural model
- Analyzing microarchitectural features to identify possible problem areas
In addition to the qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Candidate must be pursuing a Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
6+ months of experience with:
- Digital design
- Computer architecture
- Object-oriented programming
3+ months experience with:
- Pre- or post-silicon ASIC verification/validation
- OVM and UVM methodologies
- Verilog and System Verilog
- Scripting languages such as Python or Perl
Inside this Business Group
Xeon Performance Group (XPG) delivers custom server SoC design solutions to our data center customers. It is chartered to deliver data centric silicon that is high-performing, cost-effective, high-quality, and on schedule in way that increases market share and drives the best solutions for our customers.
US, Oregon, Hillsboro;Virtual US and Canada
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here
Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here US Intern JR0152207 Hudson Xeon Performance Group (XPG)