Windows Software System Debug Engineer
- Bangalore, India
Responsible for the device driver model of the Target OS, all driver development except graphics like Linux driver,
win driver. Architects interfaces for communicating with hardware, crossplatform solutions.
Responsibile for security requirements and design decisions implications.
Experience in DMA and other techniques for minimizing buffer copies.
Knowledge of specific type of device driver being implemented, e.g.. Graphics, Networking, USB, etc. Extensively unit tests their implementation.
Can code to standards and integrate with existing solutions. Software development skills (C & C ).
Ability to analyze network protocols to troubleshoot networking problems and to recognize and develop network performance solutions [TCP, IPv4 and/or IPv6,
Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)]
You possess a Bachelor's or a Master's degree in Embedded Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Additional qualifications include:
- Proven track record of Windows System Integration and Debugging experience of 10 years.
- 6 to 8 years of experience in system design, implementation, debugging, verification and testing.
- Good working knowledge of scripting languages - Python.
- Strong understanding of networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, and HTTPS.
- Strong low level debugging skills that enable the root causing of issues at the firmware and hardware level and Operating System (OS) internals.
- Experience of debugging and fixing Windows system power and performance issues is a plus;
- Experience of Windows Driver Development is a plus;
- Excellent programming skills (e.g. C/C ) that enables the source code level fixing of issues.
- Good experience at model-based problem solving that enables effective investigation and narrow-down of complex issues.
- Define and drive the system debug process implementation and ingredient owner engagement/alignment.
- Solid understanding of Intel Architecture, Operating System, Driver, BIOS fundamentals, and FW fundamentals;
- Good understanding (and better hands-on development/validation experience) of popular IA platform technologies including PCI/PCI-E, USB, SAS/SATA, i2C/SMBUS, IPMI, BIOS/EFI and DIMM, Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Manageability, Security, etc;
- Experience with ITP and Python scripting language is highly preferred
- Demonstrated capability to work within a team environment facing fast-changing requirements and complicated stakeholders.
- Good English verbal and writing skills.
Inside this Business Group
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel's offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.
IN Experienced Hire JR0131865 Bangalore
Back to top