Windows Device Driver Engineer
- Bangalore, India
We are currently seeking a WWAN Software Engineer to join our Bangalore engineering team. This position will be responsible for the software design, software development and integration of WWAN chipset.
Engineers on this team are responsible for commercializing WWAN devices on various carrier networks and technologies. System Integration of Cellular modem into Windows platforms. This responsibility includes architecture, design and development of host drivers for new modem designs, analysis of functional/performance related issue in wireless devices, driving complex system issue analysis, fixes and, troubleshooting across a wide range of interdependent technology areas.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous school, industry jobs and/or research experience.
- BS or MS in Computer science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Strong C/ C++/ assembly coding skill, analytical and debugging skills.
- Good knowledge on System/SOC architecture
- 4+ years of experience in Windows driver development(KMDF)
- Knowledge of Windows Internals, Kernel mode driver programming (KMDF, WDM), Operating Systems & Applications.
- 1+ years of experience of Windows Mobile Broadband API
- 1 or two years of experience with GSM - Global System for Mobile communications, CDMA- Code-division multiple access, 3G or LTE(4G)
- Experience with debugging user or kernel mode drivers using WinDBG. Experience in Crash dump analysis, system hang analysis and ETL parsing,
- Experience in board level design or driver development.
- System level debugging skills that enable the root causing of potential issues at the operating system level.
- Good understanding of networking stack, specifically TCP and UDP protocols - throughput analysis, optimizations for wireless networks, debugging issues
- Hands on experience on BIOS debugging tools
- Strong team player, Ability to work across teams in various geos.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Usage of logic analyzers and CRO will be an added advantage
- Experience in mobile chipset/processor would be an added advantage
- Familiarity with JTAG/Lauterbach/ITP
Inside this Business Group
IN JR0133105 Bangalore
Back to top