VP/Director Custom Logic Engineering India
- Bangalore, India
• Develop Custom-logic India Site Strategy and Vision for delivering state of the art products incorporating BiC FPGAs/Structured ASICs/ASICs for multiple technology nodes and reference designs to ensure competitiveness
• Lead development of high-performance custom-logic architecture and product portfolio. Plan, resource and direct activities in the Custom Logic Engineering function to meet schedules, standards and cost
• Identify and analyze product development issues, plans, tasks, and solutions. Use judgment on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices. Inadequacies and erroneous decisions would cause significant impact across multiple DPG, PSG and Intel organizations and products.
• Plan, resource and direct activities in the CLE-I functions to meet Landing Zone goals - functionality, performance, schedules, and cost
• Influencing peers across DPG, PSG, CLE in planning / engineering / marketing to drive major initiatives in the interest of the overall business. Be an effective ambassador of Intel as member of the overall Custom Logic Engineering Leadership team.
• Actively engaging with the leadership team to solve on-going product execution and organization challenges. Proactively managing stakeholders in the product/IP development process with clear decision making and crisp communication to ensure the organization meets committed budget and plans
• Develop overarching product plans that align with DPG/PSG solutions and growth strategies, delivering competitive differentiation and TAM expansion.
• Build and retain a high performing organization which values diversity and inclusion. Cultivate and reinforce appropriate group values, norms and behaviors. Build a result-oriented organization to operate in a matrix environment requiring collaboration and cross-business unit influence. Developing the organization for sustained growth, and developing people for technical leadership and strong managers
• Develop strong partnerships with technology development, planning, business divisions, customer experience group, sales, marketing, and solutions teams.
• Experience supporting a P&L growth business and able to manage a variety of complex functions and teams supporting a diverse product portfolio that span a wide range of markets from communications, embedded technology, industrial uses to data center servers, automotive and military applications.
• Demonstrated success in an existing executive role and have a history of accomplishments with semiconductor domain expertise realized through senior management positions.
• Demonstrated results and accountability for broad leadership, building of followership and role modeling of Intel's cultural attributes of :
• Customer obsessed - seek to understand what matters most to our customers, listening more and talking less.
• One Intel - "we" before "me". We work across boundaries, collaborating across the aisle and around the world.
• Fearless - We are bold. We take risks and challenge ourselves. We fail fast, iterate and continuously improve.
• Truth and Transparency - allows the best ideas to emerge and speeds our ability to solve problems faster.
• Inclusion - Inclusion runs through each attribute and is integral to our culture evolution.
We are seeking a dynamic executive to lead the Custom Logic Engineering India (CLE-I) team within the Data Platforms Group. This leader will own the CLE holistic India-site-focused strategy - driving project execution, org development, and site operations - with the charter of developing, delivering, and scaling differentiated end-to-end custom-logic solutions to accelerate Intel's data-centric growth. As the VP of Custom Logic Engineering India, this person will direct 400 people (direct/matrix/contract) to develop and deploy state of the art end-to-end Custom Logic products and solutions, with the objective to deliver performance, TTM, flexibility and scalability while reducing TCO in market segments from the Edge through Communication Networks to the Datacenter. The structure of CLE-I team mirrors the CLE functions with core capabilities spanning from Architecture, Silicon, Software, IP, Platform/System, Validation, Packaging, Technology, Manufacturing, Quality & Reliability engineering - all CLE India employees will report up to this leader and matrix-report to the CLE functional leaders. This leader will report directly to the VP/GM of Custom Logic Engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing a 300 person organization.
• 10 Years' experience overseeing the definition and development of semiconductor products, delivering and ramping silicon and system level solutions to scale. Proven track record to manage a variety of complex functions and teams supporting a diverse semiconductor product portfolio that span a wide range of markets from communications, embedded technology, industrial uses to data center servers, automotive and military applications.
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or semiconductor related majors, with a master's degree, either MBA or MS is preferred
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter....
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel's offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.
IN Experienced Hire JR0131042 Bangalore
Back to top