Validation Engineer (Power & Thermal) - Staff/Senior Staff
In the PSG PPY team, we offer exciting opportunities to develop technical depth and leadership as we seek to develop breakthrough solutions for performance, power & thermal validation and advancement in manufacturing yields for the latest FPGA products.
- Define validation methodology, process and plans for post-silicon validation of static/dynamic power models and thermal models for FPGA products.
- Develop FPGA validation pattern sets, including analysis of FPGA circuits, power domains, MCP (multi-chip packages). Drive capability on various tester platforms to enable volume characterization.
- Holistically drive to achieve correlation between simulation models and actual performance on silicon to meet product quality goals. This includes:
- Collaboration with worldwide cross-functional teams: Engage with chip designers and software model engineers to define validation requirements and analyze silicon results.
- Performing statistical analysis to deep dive into data trends.
- Examining product architecture and silicon material composition.
- Establish thermal manufacturing readiness through definition of product thermal requirements, performing thermal profiling and accurate characterization of on-die thermal elements.
- Participate in binning definition and strategy from product performance perspective. Drive to maximize power and thermal efficiency to improve product competitiveness.
- As part of a highly technical team, you will have the opportunity to innovate on and establish new validation methodology, as well as new volume characterization process improvements.
- Candidate must possess at least a BS/MS in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent, with >10 years of industry experience in semiconductors design or manufacturing.
- Strong experience in static/dynamic power and thermal characterization, modelling and enablement of product rollout.
- Exposure to multiple ATE tester platforms, programmable logic / FPGA architecture knowledge, and proficiency in automation scripting are advantages.
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
MY JR0069461 Penang
Back to top