Undergrad Intern Firmware Engineer
- Folsom, CA
Firmware Intern fully participate in products' development life cycle. Working hand in hand with experienced engineers and architects on research, design, implementation and testing for newly developed Firmware and devices. Having daily opportunities to grow their knowledge, professional experience and problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a nonexempt technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments in this organization are typically six months in duration.
The ideal candidate should demonstrated the following behavioral traits:
- Self-motivated individual willing to take and follow directions with little supervision and deliver to schedule
- Quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills, problem/conflict resolution skills and proactive
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Communicative and clear orientation to results
- Analyzing issues, diagnose root cause, and suggest corrective actions
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
The candidate must be pursuing a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Minimum 3+ months of experience or equivalent coursework in the following areas:
- C/C++ programming
- SW Design /implementation of multitasking, event driven firmware using C (or C++)
- RTOS concepts including task switching, deadlocks, and resource management
- Experience in cryptographic algorithms and/or applied cryptography
- Experience in security validation techniques (fuzzing, penetration testing, etc.)
- ARM or equivalent processors
- Storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, or Fiber Channel
- Bring-up of new hardware, including boot loader and code update
- Windows and Linux driver
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Intern JR0131122 Folsom
Meet Some of Intel's Employees
Martin S.SoC Design Engineer
Martin uses his communication skills and technical knowledge to perform deep-level debugs of the intellectual properties that come to Intel.
Back to top