Transistor/Interconnect Process/Device Development Engineer
- Hillsboro, OR
PTD Module Engineers are responsible for leading scientific research enabling manufacture of innovative device architectures coupled with the realization of these architectures. Designing, executing and analyzing experiments necessary to meet engineering specifications for their process. Participate in development of intellectual property. Development of the equipment necessary to exploit the understanding gained in research (in collaboration with equipment suppliers). Work effectively with the equipment supplier to identify shortcomings, propose and evaluate hardware modification to mitigate issues. Operate manufacturing line in order to integrate the many individual steps necessary for the manufacture of complex microprocessors. Insitu ramp to manufacturing volumes to demonstrate the technology meets requirements while simultaneously transferring the technology to counterparts in manufacturing via the Copy Exactly! Methodology. Install and qualify manufacturing capacity at the development site and audit installation/qualification and supervise first full loop at the production site.
- Candidate must have a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Candidate must have a minimum of 6 months of experience in one or more of the following:
- Research or relevant job experience in semiconductor processing, device physics, and electrical characterization techniques.
- Research experience with advanced transistor device structures and architectures including fabrication (e.g. lithography, etch, film deposition, cleans, chemical-mechanical planarization etc.).
- Characterizing the electrical performance of leading-edge transistor devices including current-voltage, capacitance-voltage, high-frequency characterization (ft, fmax), gate delay, etc. and performing device and circuit simulation to confirm analysis.
- Future transistor device physics and process integration.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US College Grad JR0148018 Hillsboro Technology and Manufacturing
Back to top