Tool Install Design Manager - Oregon
Global Construction Engineering (GCE) is responsible for the design and engineering of all of Intel's major manufacturing and cleanroom projects in Oregon, Arizona, Israel and Ireland. We are a team of specialized in-house architects and engineers that work in a highly collaborative environment. We work together with our factory, operations, and supply chain partners to deliver some of the most technically challenging projects in the world with demanding schedule and cost constraints.
We are looking for someone that knows how to develop and implement winning execution plans. We believe in using standardization and continuous learning to fuel innovation. Our ideal candidate is organized and detailed oriented with a proven track record of strong communication. In our group (Tool Install Central Engineering), we perform the designs for the construction of all Intel's semiconductor fabrication tools around the globe. We perform thousands and thousands of designs every year which is why we use metrics to gauge process health with leading indicators that alert to an underperforming system. In your work with us, you will be at the center of a network of design, construction and manufacturing experts who are the best of the best in semiconductor construction. We are steering this organization into one that is lean, efficient, collaborative and partnering and we'd love the chance to welcome some new talent to the team.
Our Tool Install Design Managers are highly valued leaders of our Tool Install Central Engineering team. As a Design Manager you will be an expert in the tool install design process and will be responsible for all aspects of the tool install design program. This includes:
- Financial: Cost forecasts and change order negotiations and approvals.
- Design Processes: How we execute the designs, the content within the designs and the many systems used to create that content.
- Workload Planning: Working with our AE (Architect and Engineering Firm) partners to level the workload in a way that maximizes efficiency and predictability and meets our internal customer needs.
- Escalations: Act as the primary escalation point for our design suppliers, internal factory customers and trade contractors.
- Analytics: Create and analyze metrics and reports that provide insights into process and project health.
- Customer Relationships: Make sure we make and meet our commitments while making it easy to work with us. You ensure we remain the designers of choice for our sophisticated factory customers.
- Innovation: Exploring project over project incremental improvements to our business processes. Working throughout the ecosystem to pilot and refine our innovations.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication
- Ability to influence others in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to collaborate across engineering disciplines, organizations and geographic boundaries
- Team, customer and quality oriented
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor of science in mechanical, civil, electrical, structural or chemical engineering or closely related field such as architecture or design.
- 4+ years of experience on design and construction. Focus on semiconductor, cleanroom or industrial projects is preferred.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Working knowledge of Intel tool install business processes.
- Experience designing facility systems distribution systems (mechanical, electrical, chemicals, gases, controls)
- Experience with using database analytics to drive insights
- Experience with project planning, coordination and integration
- Experience facilitating virtual meetings.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0119585 Hillsboro
Back to top