Thin Films Module Engineer
Engineers within Intel's Logic Technology Development (LTD) organization are chartered with continuing to meet the challenge of Moore's Law in the 21st century. We innovate leading edge fabrication process and continue to overcome seemingly-impossible barriers as tolerances and specifications for building best-in-class computing devices become increasingly rigorous. Our world-class team consists of passionate, talented, accomplished scientists and engineers who hail from a diverse range of educational, cultural and technological backgrounds. We foster strong collaborations within groups of module and design engineers, as well as with equipment suppliers from all over the world. Our pursuit of increasingly efficient, powerful, tiny devices seeks to enable smarter, connected economies enriches the lives of people around the globe.
The Logic Technology Development Thin Films Module Engineer's role encompasses ownership of critical physical vapor (PVD) thin films deposition or Electroplating enabling rapid miniaturization in the semiconductor industry and the mass production of integrated circuits. Duties of engineers in this role include:
- Designing, executing and analyzing experiments necessary to meet engineering specifications for their process.
- Participating in the development of intellectual property.
- Developing the equipment necessary to exploit the understanding gained in research (in collaboration with equipment suppliers) and working effectively to identify shortcomings and propose and evaluate hardware modification to mitigate issues.
- Overseeing their process in a manufacturing line which integrates the many individual steps necessary for the manufacture of complex microprocessors. This includes growing in-situ ramp to manufacturing volumes to demonstrate the technology meets requirements while simultaneously transferring the technology to counterparts in manufacturing sites across the globe.
- Demonstrated experimental and data analysis expertise
- Superior critical thinking skills and a strong academic record
- Experience using and maintaining scientific equipment
- You must possess a Ph.D. degree majoring in Physics, Material Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- You must have at least 5 years experience working as a PVD or Electroplating Engineer in the semiconductor industry.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0104881 Hillsboro
Back to top