Thermal , Power and Performance Engineer
- Mumbai, India
The Datacenter Platform Group (DPG) is looking for a Thermal, Power & Performance Engineer who has 10 years experience in solving thermal and mechanical challenges in the electronics industry including the tuning of thermal and power parameters like thermal limits, Power limits & other hooks of the CPUs and other system components for best Power and Performance of the system.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who is self-motivated and driven to identify & solve new problems that arise as we increase computing power with increased power density. This is a senior individual contributor position and the successful candidate with responsibilities including but are not limited to Board Mechanical outlines retention, Thermal modeling & characterization, Heatsink design & selection, Chassis level system thermal solution modeling, design system level thermal-mechanical solutions to Server systems roadmap ranging from Liquid cooled fan-less systems to large high-end air cooled servers and everything in between. You are required to work directly with the Architects to define thermal-mechanical aspects of the system landing . Experience or exposure commercial server systems & Datacenter deployment is highly desirable. During product definition stage responsible for performing thermal studies and board placement analysis BOM cost estimates to support competitive analysis and external influence for future product improvement.
Position specific Job description: Intel India is partnering with some of the biggest partners to bring revolutionary solutions to market. This specific position requires close work with the customer and will be on-site with the customer to co-develop, debug, optimize thermal & power solutions on Intel platforms and tuning the system parameters for best-in-class system performance.
In this position, you will be responsible for thermal analysis, design, and integration for a variety of products and form factors, such as Graphic, CPU thermal solution,
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide analytical design and analysis of systems using tools such as Icepak or FloTHERM Reviewing and evaluating thermal designs for compliance with technology and development guidelines and standards provide tangible feedback to improve product quality.
- Designing thermal solutions and thermal mitigation strategies for server and datacenters
- System level validation and debug of Thermal, Power and Performance KPIs
- Develop performance tuning capabilities that allow better systems thermals sharing vs performance tuning between major platform ingredients like CPU, GPU (CPU - Central Processing Unit; GPU - Graphics Processing Units )
- Investigating and proposing innovative ideas to improve thermal dissipation in future products
- Performing thermal measurements in the laboratory for model validation and correlation.
- Performing thermal simulations for Liquid cooling, including various immersion technologies
- Publishing technical collateral and hands-on support to enable integration into customer designs.
- Providing guidance to cross-functional development teams comprised of thermal, mechanical, and electrical engineers.
- Other responsibilities include conducting design previews, performing system acceptance, and resolving design and implementation issues. In this role you will also respond to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
- Communicate in English clearly both verbally and in written format to a variety of audiences with differing levels of technical expertise.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering Thermal Engineering or Physics with 10+ years experience in solving thermal and mechanical challenges in the electronics industry.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience with analyzing and designing thermal solutions for Servers or similar electronic products
- Experience in High performance Server systems Chassis design Thermal modeling and heatsink design is must
- Experience with Intel platform thermal and power management technologies
- Understanding and knowledge of manufacturing processes and constraints for commercial systems including cost and HVM constraints
- Demonstrated communication skills ability to break down and explain complex technical issues to nontechnical partner organizations and upper management
- Experience in Thermal Performance tuning of systems
- Hands on experience developing server systems based on Intel x86 processor chipsets is desirable
- Python Scripting knowledge is an added advantage
- Mumbai / Bangalore
Travel Needs to customer location:
* Multiple times / close working with customer by being at customer location
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel's offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.
IN Experienced Hire JR0146406 Mumbai
Back to top