Test Engineer Intern
- Calne, United Kingdom
INTEL MAKES POSSIBLE THE MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCES OF THE FUTURE
You know us best for our processors. But we do so much more. We are makers, catalysts and inventors. We innovate at the boundaries of technology to make amazing experiences possible for business and society, and for every person on Earth. Throughout our proud history, Intel has continuously expanded the reach, influence and power of computing to improve people's everyday lives. With employees in 63 countries and customers in over 120 countries, Intel's products and services create the foundation for limitless invention. Intel is like no other company on the planet: our technology is a critical part of an increasingly interdependent ecosystem that creates and expands value for shareholders, partners, customers and society.
In this position, you will be part of a global team in Sales & Marketing - Intel Demo Depot, Engineering Services. Primary focus will be on providing engineering support for testing of customer systems across all Engineering Services capabilities. These include primarily EMC, Thermal, Acoustic & ERP/Lot3 (Energy Related Products), plus also a number of Intel technology validation tests.
You will be exposed to broad system areas, including HW, OS, networking. Software skills inc SW development would be an advantage.
There will also be opportunities to gain exposure other partner team and activities within Intel.
This is an opportunity to apply hands on technical knowledge, troubleshooting customer
Your responsibilities will include (with full training provided):
- Shadowing the test engineers in the various test areas and ultimately learning how to conduct the core test services independently
- Learning HW fundamentals around design
- Gain invaluable insight the following areas:
- How to optimise system performance (inc EMC, Thermal, Acoustics, Power efficiency)
- Product Regulatory requirements for the industry
- Working with specialist test equipment and software
- Working in a testing lab environment and appropriate quality system (ISO17025)
- Troubleshooting HW issues
- Providing consultancy to customers on design recommendations, improvements and remediation plans
- Lab support activities, inc equipment calibration coordination
This is a 13 month fixed-term placement suitable for undergraduate students currently studying a degree course in a relevant discipline such as: Computer science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- HW and SW experience
- Prior experience on hands on debug and problem solving skills.
- Good attention to detail and disciplined approach essential
- Good communication skills to interact with customers a benefit
- Ability to work independently
- Be proactive, collaborative, and able to multitask effectively.
- Self-driven, quick learner and team player.
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Sales and Marketing (SMG) organization works with global customers and partners to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. SMG works across business units to amplify the customers voice and deliver solutions that accelerate their business. Our teams work across the entire sales cycle, pushing ingredient products to our "billings" customers while also pulling end solutions through to "consumption". We work across numerous industries, including retail, enterprise and government, cloud services and healthcare as examples. The operations team focuses on forecasting, driving alignment with factory production and delivering efficiency tools and our marketing capability drives demand and localized marketing in locations around the globe. Our sales force navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem while shaping product roadmaps, driving value for our customers, and collaborating to harness emerging technology trends to deliver comprehensive solutions.
UK Intern JR0143606 Swindon
Back to top