Technical Marketing Engineer Internship
- Calne, United Kingdom
This position is for a Technical Marketing Engineer Internship in Intel's Application Design Center in Europe, located in Swindon, UK. We're looking for someone who has a keen interest in computer hardware and software and wants to do hands on work developing future computing platforms. You will be a member of a team which specializes in the design of hardware for a wide range of next generation Intel products. You will be involved in lab activities, working with the team and actively participating in customer support.
The day to day activities will include:
- Customer issue replication,
- Building and supporting Intel reference designs
- Providing lab support to the team.
There is scope for getting involved in other exciting projects outside of day-to-day responsibilities.
This is a 13-month fixed-term placement for students currently studying a degree course in relevant technical background. This position is suitable for mainly electronic/computer engineering students who are currently in their 2nd year of studies as part of 4 years bachelor's degree or 5 year master degree which include a year working in the industry.
Familiarity with computer architecture hardware/software from desktop to server hardware.
Understanding of basic network architecture.
- Ability to build typical PC and server configurations, install typical operating systems including both Microsoft Windows and various distributions of Linux.
- Skills required for students enrolled on electronics engineering degree courses including ability to read and understand circuit schematics.
- Good understanding of practical electronics, soldering/rework of electronic boards.
- Basic testing and debug knowledge.
- Ability to quickly learn about new products and technologies.
- Keen personal interest in computing and engineering.
- Capable of working unsupervised by prioritizing work and focusing on meeting agreed objectives in required time-frame with good attention to detail.- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Deeper knowledge of computer architecture processor architecture, registers, etc..- Debug and testing experience.
- Experience with computer interfaces PCIe, USB, etc..
- PCB rework/soldering experience with SMD components.
- Hands on experience of electronic test equipment, e.g. DVM, PSU, oscilloscopes and the ability to learn in-house tools.
- Understanding of Python, C++, C, x86 assembly language would be a strong advantage.- Project management experience.
- German language skills would also be an advantage
Inside this Business Group
UK Intern JR0142925 Swindon
Back to top