System Validation Engineer - PnP
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come. The Validation Engineering organization is specially chartered with the post-silicon validation of various Intel products ensuring expected quality.
In this role responsibilities include, although not limited to:
- Create, define and develop system validation environment and test suites. Use and apply platform level tools and techniques to ensure performance to spec
- Responsible for the development of methodologies, execution of validation plans, and debug of failures
- Broad understanding of multiple system areas and requires interfaces with Architecture, Design, and Pre-Silicon Validation teams in improving Post-Silicon test content and providing feedback for future ondie debug features
- Demonstrate success in communicating plans, status, issues and concerns
- Responsible for test planning, execution, monitoring, and reporting test results
- Collaborate with cross-functional HW and SW team to solve complex issues and improve efficiency
- Front-line and drive schedules and issues to closure in high-complex scenarios. Deal with customer issues
- Make judgment calls regarding customer deliverables and program level risk assessment from a power and performance standpoint
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Candidate must possess either a Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of experience or Master's degree with 4+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
The candidate should have the corresponding years of experience in the following:
- Post-silicon validation using test equipment, computer systems, and test stations
- Software development, including experience with scripting languages such as Python, C/C++ and/or Perl
- CPU micro-architectural and/or high-speed bus protocol experience
- Experience in design, verification or validation disciplines, system/platform level debug and root cause isolation, methodology and tools
- Experience with Power measurement and debug tools
- Experience with leading Automation efforts, planning, execution and overseeing system validation activities
- Deep technical knowledge in performance and power management including understanding of architecture and microcode sufficient to understand potential Power and performance impacts of changes
- Familiarity with industry benchmarks, which aspects of performance they measure and competitive analysis from previous gen products
- Experience with performance counters a plus
Inside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intel's leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0142079 Austin
Back to top