System Validation Engineer
- Bangalore, India
Job Description The Client Computing Group (CCG) has an opportunity for a System Validation Engineer in the Chrome and Linux Systems and Software (CPE\CLSS) organization. The team focuses on both Chrome and Linux OS for PC Client(s) including development, system integration, validation, and release management, and delivers a quality platform (Chromebooks / Linux laptops) to our customers. Our work strengthens Intel Client's position in Chrome OS & Linux ecosystem involving, OS vendors (OSVs) and original equipment manufacturers (OEM).
- Our team is responsible for Platform level HW/SW and other architectural validation and accountable to find design/software implementation bugs through validation on reference and customer systems.
- As Platform Validation Engineer candidates are required to create, define and develop system validation environment & test suites optimized for a chrome book/Linux based systems and all its internal subsystems like memory controller, Power management, PCIe, USB/TCSS, Serial IO, Graphics, media, audio and other modules of given complexity. The candidate uses & applies platform-level tools & techniques to ensure functionality & performance as per the defined requirements.
- Candidates are responsible for the development of methodologies, execution of validation plans/ coverage, and debug of failures.
- Requires broad understanding of multiple system areas and requires interfaces with Architecture, Design, Chrome OS/Linux OS, Board and Silicon Validation teams in improving test content, reducing customer escapes and providing feedback for future platforms.
Candidates are responsible in validating the functionality of new architectural features of next generation designs by developing test plans, tests content, coverage points or test tools.
- Working closely with External Partner team for the Platform Validation execution and reporting
Bachelor's/Master's in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science with minimum 4 years to 12 years of related work experience
Strong knowledge and skills of Intel IA (IA32 architecture with debug knowledge of Intel's Core and Uncore or equivalent architecture
Solid understanding of one of the following domains of the Intel architecture
- Knowledge of IA/ARM core and system level Power Management architecture, understanding of System Reset and Thermal related Validation expertise
- USB architecture and its interactions with platform level components. Knowledge on Type-C/Thunderbolt is and added plus
- Understanding of memory Controller / DDR (2/3/4) memory architecture and debug. LPDDR knowledge is a plus.
- Deep understanding of Graphics, media, Audio, Camera interface, imaging and printing, flash storage technology architecture and debug
- Solid understanding of the Validation and Debug flows of a complex Silicon and the end user system
- Knowledge on Validation/ Debug Flows of Chrome or Linux OS and overall Platform Architecture.
- Good working knowledge in C++/Python SW programming for content development and scripting
- Excellent written and oral communications and experience working in a cross functional team environment are essential
- Good Team Player and willingness to work in high paced environment.
- Working and Collaborating across GEO/teams and Vendors
Inside this Business Group
IN JR0144498 Bangalore
Back to top