System Fabric Architect
- Marlborough, MA
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a System Fabric Architect!
Join our Exascale System Architecture Pathfinding team as a System Fabric Architect designing scalable computer systems using Intel Processors, XPUs, and Network Components for High-Performance Computing HPC applications and be in the forefront of system hardware innovation! In this role, you will work with a team of architects and design engineers to innovate, customize and enhance processor and fabric designs to increase their versatility, focusing on performance, power, and cost requirements.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Architecture definition and analysis of fabric topologies across next-generation HPC systems.
- System-level modeling and performance simulation of novel fabric topologies including efficiency, power, and TCO estimations.
- Architectural investigation of next-generation interconnect protocols and standards' enhancements.
- Coverage of fabric integration & validation topics and fabric system bring-up both remotely and in the lab.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Must be a team player, with experience technically influencing others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Platforms Group drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 6 years of industry work experience, or a Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience, or PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 2 years of industry work experience.
- 6 plus years of experience with Microprocessor architecture concepts, and software/hardware interactions.
- 6 plus years of experience with networking concepts like Ethernet, InfiniBand, and Omni-Path.
- 4 plus years of experience with High level language programming C, C++, OpenCL.
- 4 plus years of experience with script languages Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree or higher.
- Experience reading and understanding schematic designs.
- Experience in SoC/ASIC/FPGA RTL design and validation.
- Design of SoCs or high complexity IP block.
- Understanding of FPGA design flow synthesis, place route.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0141181 Hudson
Back to top