SW Application Engineer
- Chicago, IL
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a Software Application Engineer! In this role you will be part of the High-Performance Computing (HPC) Ecosystem Application Team, whose goal is to enable the world's developers to build high performance applications for Intel Architecture (IA) platforms. We work with top industrial and academic partners to optimize their applications to show what they are capable of on IA and to use those examples to educate the broader developer communities.
The Software Application Engineer (AE) is primarily a Software Engineer/Developer. In this role, significant contribution will result when you act as a product evangelist, program/project manager and a marketer. You will act as a consultant and provide support to third party product developers. Additionally, you will help developers create or move their products to IA, achieve the best performance of their applications on IA, and prepare collateral material to capture methods and demonstrate their results. As a software and Intel technology expert, you will author technical papers and training courses and provide expertise to customers and peer Intel organizations. You will also contribute to Intel software and hardware product development by providing technical feedback to Intel product teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Make sure that software applications developed by our customers run best on Intel's latest and upcoming platforms and technologies.
- Support and influence SW developers during all phases of SW development cycle including feature definition, project setup, project execution, tech support.
- Provide technical training, consultation, and hands on assistance to SW developers in areas of architecture, technologies, code development, testing and tuning of SW applications.
- Provide training, consultation, and hands-on assistance to SW developers using the Intel SW Tools; evangelize Intel SW Tools and technologies to SW developer community.
The ideal candidate will also have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Team player.
- Strong Problem-Solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 3 years of industry work experience, or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 2 years of industry work experience, or a PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field with industry experience.
- 2 plus years of programming experience with solid understanding of programming concepts, e.g. algorithms, data structure, version control system, software release flow, etc.
- 2 plus years of experience in parallel programming (e.g. OpenMP, MPI, etc.).
- 2 plus years of experience in application performance analysis and optimizations.
- 1 plus years of experience in developing machine learning applications (using common framework like Caffe, TensorFlow, or MXNet as well as libraries like Scikit-Learn, XGBoost, etc.).
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree or higher.
- 1 plus years of experience with Intel software tools (such as compiler, high performance libraries, vtune analyzer, advisor, ITAC, etc.).
- 1 plus years of experience in Java and/or GPU programming.
- Publications in peer reviewed journals or conferences.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0130629 Chicago
Back to top