- Folsom, CA
TDatacenter NAND Division (DND) is part of the NVM Solutions Group (NSG) and develops Intel's Datacenter focused, NAND based, Solid State Drives (SSDs). The Strategic Planning and Marketing team develops business and product strategies, defines the product roadmaps, and provides product marketing and management for all SSDs sold into the data center market segment. This team has been uniquely structured to own and lead the product line from definition, through the go to market activities, and all the way through production until end of life management - true cradle to grave segment and product line management.
The Strategic Planner defines DND's datacenter SSD products and creates the roadmap strategies. Strategic planners own driving the initial phases of the POP (Product Opportunity Proposal) process, which includes defining the products requirements, identifying product value proposition to customers and why it will win vs. competitive products, positioning the product in NSG portfolio, and ensuring a positive financial ROI.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
• Evaluate new technologies and capabilities from a business perspective for organization fit and financial return
• Create market models to size new opportunities
• Prioritize effectively with a keen awareness of opportunity cost
• Drive new strategies; including what not to do.
• Run complex "what if" analysis
• Conduct competitive analysis
• Coordinate working with a variety of stakeholders across organizations to drive results
• Listen closely to customer needs and be the voice of the customer to the development teams, while also understanding organization capabilities.
• Communicate clearly both written and verbally; summarizing the critical points.
• Present comfortably to senior management and large groups
• Lead cross functional teams, while prioritizing the work and task managing
You must possess the minimum qualifications below to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
• Bachelor's degree in Management/Marketing, Computer science, Electrical Engineering or related field. (Masters and or MBA strongly recommended)
• 15+ years in the computer / high tech field
• 10+ years leading projects and cross-functional teams
• 10+ years in a role that interfaces with customers
o Including requirements gathering and acting as VOC (Voice Of the Customer)
• 7+ years of marketing experience
• 7+ years of making new opportunity proposals to senior management
• 5+ years working on datacenter products and/or technologies
• MBA (Masters of Business Administration
• Experience working with SSDs (Solid State Drives)
• Experience working the datacenter computer storage market
• Understanding of storage architectures (e.g. RAID, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Scale-up and Scale-out, etc.)
• Understanding of Intel servers: CPUs, chipsets, networking, etc.
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0130976 Folsom
Back to top