Strategic Construction Manager
- Hillsboro, OR
Intel is seeking a senior Project Construction Manager with a strong construction contracting background to support strategic initiatives associated with semiconductor process tool install construction activities globally. The position will be accountable for integrating Tool Install construction labor modeling and contracting strategies for projects that are planned and for various what-if scenarios. This role will include the development of tool install related standards for construction resource planning and contracting. In addition, this role will provide support for the contracting and start up activities associated with tool install projects across the globe including sourcing, negotiations, contracting, and management of a full range of construction contracts. This position will work closely with management from design, engineering, finance, legal, and fab construction to deliver complex projects enabling Intel's manufacturing capacity. This position will be directly accountable to the TI Ramp Construction Start-up Team manager.
The Strategic Construction Manager/ Facilities Contracts Manager will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Site Construction Managers to ensure all labor base line forecast models are up to date, using the best input data available, and include actual headcount data enabling an accurate assessment of labor supply and demand curves.
- Development and implementation of SOPs, processes, and systems influencing repeatable performance of contract delivery.
- Support and documentation associated with strategic construction management initiatives in collaboration with multiple stakeholders across the Intel VF.
- Team training focused on implementation of standard operating procedures across the project.
- This position will require developing strong relationships with internal partners as well as critical suppliers. The position will deliver results to meet FMS and GSC Strategic Objectives around Cost, Quality, Availability, Technology, and Safety.
- The position will proactively lead the team through the construction contracting efforts and FMS Life cycle: Strategic Sourcing, Procurement Planning, Bid/Evaluate/Negotiate, and Execution.
- Specific duties may include:
- Develop Procurement leadership within the project(s), manage project procurement resources, and direct project procurement activities required to support the planning and execution of the project procurement operations.
- Source and qualify critical suppliers to enable the execution of the work.
- Develop and present rationale for construction contracting and compensation strategies.
- Participate in the development and execution of contracts used to procure design, construction, and other 'construction-related' services supporting Intel construction projects.
- Understand market conditions and incorporate that knowledge into sourcing strategies.
- Role model standard business processes, ensure compliance with corporate fiscal, legal, environmental, and risk management policies in order to minimize and limit corporate liability, manage risk, and optimize value.
- Plan for and implement procurement systems necessary to support project procurement operations.
- Review and update working procedures, documents, and systems to keep pace with project requirements, competition, and market innovations.
- Maintain performance metrics to measure the performance of those responsible for cost savings, on time performance, and quality performance on project(s).
- Provide training and coaching to construction project managers, buyers, and project team members on business process and related tools.
- Facilitate resolution of any contract disputes.
- Provide expertise on construction contracting methods, understanding the relationship between contractual responsibilities and assignment of risk, and a basic understanding of relationship between construction costs, quality, and schedule.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and efficient time management.
- Working knowledge of project management skills and methods.
- Excellent data analytical skills to break complex problems into smaller components for resolution.
- Strong spreadsheet skills.
- Strong knowledge of the local/regional market in relation to industry trends and norms.
- Skills to maintain perspective and confidence in face of difficult contract negotiations, exceptionally tight deadlines and client expectations.
- Strong knowledge of contracts, contract law and claims management processes & procedures.
- Strong stakeholder partnering skills including effectively collaboration.
- Skills to influence for win/win outcomes with suppliers, business partners, and upper management
- Strong Lean/problem solving skills.
- High tolerance for ambiguity in a highly fluid work environment. Flexibility to embrace change.
- Strong skills to take initiative, assume ownership, and drive results.
- Comfortable in constructive confrontation situations.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred or additional will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related field of study .
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Supply Chain Management, Contracts Management, or Construction Project Management.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- MBA preferred.
- Previous experience in the construction industry with complex projects.
- Strong Procurement Planning and Procurement Policy expertise.
- Strong Supply Chain & Supplier Management expertise.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0139769 Hillsboro
Back to top