Sr Software Development Engineer (-SK)
- Guadalajara, Mexico
This position is associated with the sale of Intel's NAND memory and storage business to SK hynix You can read more about the transaction in the press release https://newsroomintelcomwpcontentuploadssites11202010nandmemorynewsqapdf . The transaction will enhance the resources and potential of the business storage solutions including client and enterprise SSDs in the rapidly growing NAND Flash space amid the era of big data. This is an exciting time to be at Intel! Come join our Data Center NAND Division as a Software Development Engineer and work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world.
As a Software Development Engineer you will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK hynix. This position aligns to Phase 1 of the transaction which includes the 3DNAND enterprise and client SSD business. Phase 1 is expected to close in late 2021 subject to regulatory approvals and other customary conditions. At deal close, all employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition to SK hynix.
We are seeking experienced Validation Software Engineers to join the Intel Non Volatile Memory Solutions Group to drive new software capabilities for the next generation of Intel's industry leading both 3D NAND and Optane. Responsibilities will include the design and development of new compelling software features support for new functionality and architecture and optimization of software for stability and performance while ensuring excellence in user experience.
This position requires involvement in developing multiple aspects of validation software capabilities test automation generation over generation improvements to increase test coverage and efficiency simulation environment development and new out of box software approaches that apply intelligent compute methods for validation. The individual is expected to work with various partner teams to enhance and improve stability efficiency and effectiveness of validation capabilities and tools driving towards zero bug software development. The individual must demonstrate the ability to effectively work with cross functional teams of product development engineers, program management, firmware development, validation execution, debug customer engineering, and support teams to ensure efficient high Quality NSG product launches. In this position, the candidate will be defining software design and developing prototypes as needed for new validation tools capabilities and new technology for next generation Intel NSG SSDs for Data Center.
Candidate responsibilities include but not limited to:
A love for programming and solving complex problems
Software development for validation
Finding product bugs.
Desired behavioral traits :
Willing to ramp very quickly and understand the underlying requirements driving the needed capability and interact, drive, and influence design.
Should be hands on with code debug tools and ready to troubleshoot problems till delivery of the product is complete at the highest quality levels,
Strong attention to technical detail data analysis and problem solving skills. Strong communication skills with ability to clearly articulate issues and provide high level summaries is required.
This job requires a team player with strong technical expertise planning and communication skills who is motivated to deliver quality test results in a timely manner.
- Bachelors degree BS in Electrical Engineering Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience related to software development and validation
- 2+ years of experience programming languages like C, C++, Python or similar
- 2+ years of experience in broad range of development and debug tools
Software design experience targeting operating systems like Window or Linux
- Masters degree MS in Electrical Engineering Computer Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
- 3 years experience related to software development and validation
- Windows or Linux development or validation experience is added advantage
- Experience working in systems hardware software product development teams is a plus
- Knowledge in operating systems networking and databases
- Familiar with virtualization concepts and one or more tools VM Docker etc.
- Web application development or working experience as full stack developer
- Familiarity with cloud based storage mechanisms such as Artifactory cloud systems AZURE AWS
- Experienced with one or more workflow management CICD
- Participating fully in the development process through the entire software lifecycle
- Interest in using distributed computing to solve complex problems are highly desired
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
MX Experienced Hire JR0154371 Guadalajara Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group
Back to top