SPTD Packaging R&D Engineer
Microelectronic Packaging Engineers provide project management, package design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor assemblies, various other electronic components and/or completed units. Responsible for the thermal/mechanical/electrical design, analysis, and development of electronic packages. Defines overall package performance and specification and realizes technology certification through layout design and test vehicle design. Conducts tests and research on basic materials and properties. Establishes material specifications for contract assemblers and raw material vendors and interfaces with Quality Assurance and Purchasing regarding material quality and vendor performance. Provides consultation concerning packaging problems and improvements in the packaging process. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
Responsibilities include process equipment install & qualification, process development and technology development of Backend module area in SPTD. The engineer will join / become part of a world class first of a kind embedded die packaging facility, learn advanced substrate manufacturing know-how, drive disruptive technology innovations, and be part of creating history in the substrate packaging industry.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Define and establish equipment configurations, process specifications, and integrated process flow for new process technologies
- Plan and conduct comprehensive DOEs to fundamentally characterize process window, and understand process / equipment / materials / chemistry interactions
- Drive continuous process improvements on process capability/stability, quality/reliability, cost/yield, automation, and productivity
- Lead and participate in cross-functional and cross-organizational teams or work groups that support substrate technology development.
Posses an M.S. or Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Organic Chemistry, Polymer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering degree.
Minimum of 6 months of experience in the following areas:
- Working with variety of organic/inorganic materials and processes as well as materials characterization utilizing techniques such as DSC, TGA, D/TMA, Titration, ICPMS, FTIR, XPS, TOF-SIMS, EDX, SEM, etc.
- Statistical data analysis, JMP and JSL, Python, relational database structure and usage.
- Experience owning process tool(s) with strong knowledge of SPC, PCS, RFC's, equipment troubleshooting, statistical design of experiments and process development.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US College Grad JR0112161 Phoenix
Back to top