SPTD Packaging R&D Engineer
Microelectronic Packaging Engineers provide project management, package design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor assemblies, various other electronic components and/or completed units. Responsible for the thermal/mechanical/electrical design, analysis, and development of electronic packages. Defines overall package performance and specification and realizes technology certification through layout design and test vehicle design. Conducts tests and research on basic materials and properties. Establishes material specifications for contract assemblers and raw material vendors and interfaces with Quality Assurance and Purchasing regarding material quality and vendor performance. Provides consultation concerning packaging problems and improvements in the packaging process. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
- Possess a Master or PhD degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Polymer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in the following areas
- Background in organic materials (polymers, composites, metals and ceramics), chemical thermodynamics, kinetics, surface chemistry.
- Experience with electrodeposition, electroless deposition, electrochemistry, photolithography, materials characterization, lamination, laser and/or wet chemical processing
- Hands on experience in handling and interpreting results from analytical tools (such as SEM, FTIR, TMA, DMA, DSC, TGA, SIMS*, and mechanical testing machines).
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US College Grad JR0112285 Phoenix
Back to top