SPTD Metals & Etch Module Engineer
Microelectronic Packaging Engineers provide project management, package design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor assemblies, various other electronic components and/or completed units. Responsible for the thermal/mechanical/electrical design, analysis, and development of electronic packages. Defines overall package performance and specification and realizes technology certification through layout design and test vehicle design. Conducts tests and research on basic materials and properties. Establishes material specifications for contract assemblers and raw material vendors and interfaces with Quality Assurance and Purchasing regarding material quality and vendor performance. Provides consultation concerning packaging problems and improvements in the packaging process. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
In this role, you are responsible for owning deposition / etch modules as well as driving the technology development of equipment, process and materials towards next generation of substrate architectures in collaboration with other team members.
Responsibilities include but not limited to,
- Module ownership
- Driving fundamental development and characterization of advanced process towards substrate and packaging applications
- Manage equipment and material suppliers
- Develop and maintain process roadmap in your area
- Establish, develop and transfer robust manufacturing process with a combination of material, chemistry, equipment and process
- Collaborate with integration / other module teams / manufacturing operations towards successful development of SPTD substrate architecture
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Desire to work in research and development area that brings leadership in technology development - Desire to work in equipment, materials and process development in the field of microelectronics packaging / semiconductors manufacturing.
Possess a PhD degree in Material science, Chemistry, physics, Engineering or related field.
3 years of experience post M.S. in Materials science, organic chemistry, chemical engineering, deposition / etch methodologies are preferred
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US College Grad JR0112692 Phoenix
Back to top