Software Engineer (networking area)
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as a Software Engineer - Ethernet Driver and Kernel Developer!
We're part of the Ethernet Networking Division (ND) in Intel's DCG, and we're looking for motivated, passionate and talented senior software engineers to join our new IP Ethernet driver and technology development team.
We're a strong, vibrant cross-geo team which helps drive Intel's Ethernet technology and products to position Intel x86 as the server platform of choice and Intel network products as Ethernet of choice for the Cloud, Communications and Data Center deployments. Your work will support the goal of driving next-gen Intel networking architecture for cloud, 5G communications and data center markets.
In this role, you will need skills to dive deep into development of Linux Ethernet driver and Linux Kernel's networking stack to deliver it for IA server platforms. You will need skills to analyze network performance in a distributed application environment and advance new features in the driver, Linux kernel stacks and Intel network products. You will have an excellent opportunity to shape the future network features in Intel platforms and network products.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Performing network product design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of software applications
- Development of new software features/functionality, as well as, enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software
- Developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules
Important for us:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience
- Advanced C programming skills
- Experience with Linux kernel/driver/open source development in networking/OS domain
- Experience and knowledge of Computer Architecture, OS internals and Networking
- Must be a team player with a demonstrated ability to technically influence others
- Strong Problem-Solving skills
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development concepts will be an advantage.
We can offer:
- Great opportunity to work together with the Team at Intel's comfortable office in Gdańsk with a possibility to work from home from time to time
- Work with the new generation of our products
- Constant opportunities to develop your professional career through technical and soft skills trainings, taking part in innovation projects or rotational programs
- Being a part of creative, dynamic and experienced team with unique skills on cross-technology
- Flexible working hours
- Well-equipped campus with a free parking lot
- Integration events because to spend time together is very important for us and we know how important it is for a good collaboration
- Amazing Benefits to make life easier and more enjoyable: Stock Program, Annual and Quarterly Bonuses, M edical and life insurance, Multisport Card / Holiday card, Groups of passionate, T icket restaurant card, Exclusive employee discounts, Family events and many more - our Recruiter Anna (firstname.lastname@example.org) will share with you all details during interview
- Learn more about us: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/locations/poland.html and apply! We are waiting for you!
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Inside this Business Group
PL JR0106916 Gdansk
Meet Some of Intel's Employees
Martin S.SoC Design Engineer
Martin uses his communication skills and technical knowledge to perform deep-level debugs of the intellectual properties that come to Intel.
Back to top