Software Engineer - Linux SV Driver Developer
SD SV (Silicon development - Silicon Validation) team is looking for a Software Engineer who conducts or participates in multidisciplinary research and collaborates with design. We give you opportunities to design and develop new features in Linux network device drivers designated for Silicon Validation. You should be familiar with Linux programming environment including debugging, both on user and on kernel space. You will respond to customer/client requests or events as they occur. This position may also develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgment and formal software process. You will perform network product design, development, testing, analysis, and documentation of Linux SV device drivers. Assignments include development of new features and programs, as well as, enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software. Duties include designing architecture of new networking features, writing source code, completing programming and developing and executing testing and debugging routines, and documenting work and results. You will be responsible for finding and fixing bugs reported by various SV/SW teams and other external customers that use our technologies.
- Minimum 2 years of device driver or application development (C, C ) and debug experience with multiple operating system (Windows or Linux) including user and kernel space.
- Knowledge of PC-based System Architecture, BIOS, Operating Systems & Applications.
- Ability to create debugging environment and device drivers, setup network hardware for reproduction of customer issues.
- Troubleshooting, problem solving, multi-tasking, organization, and customer management skills are critical to success in this role.
- Excellent team work skills including ability to work with multiple and remote groups worldwide.
- Proven experience in working on SW projects in teams.
- Proven experience in validation or development of Linux Network Drivers.
- Background in networking architecture and networking products - preferably with Intel Ethernet products (LOMs and adapters).
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Software Development Engineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science, a degree in similar technical area or relevant experience.
- Team Work: ability to work in a group.
- Creative approach to problem resolution.
- Open mind. Systematic and well organized.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Networking protocols and functionality including Ethernet/UDP/TCP/IP.
- Familiarity with Ethernet MAC and PHY Hardware components.
- Understanding of NVMe.
- Understanding of NVMeoF.
- Familiarity with SPDK (optionally).
What we offer:
Besides regular engineering duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities like becoming a trainer for a chosen technical or non-technical course.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities (Innovation Lab, ShipIt! event, writing patent submissions).
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which groups people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many, many more.
- Charge internal batteries during energetic team events (wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.).a
Basic salary is accompanied with bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for this position which is frequently available at Intel Technology Poland. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you would be interested in this position should it become available, we would encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
PL JR0098593 Gdansk
Back to top