Software Engineer Internship
Do you want to work with some of the newest and coolest technologies Intel is developing, and have a role in accelerating Intel's business strategy?
You will work with various Intel business units in accelerating product and technology development in a diversity of products in strategic growth areas.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for multiple aspects of platform software making up the chips powering Intel devices running UNIX-based (eg. Linux, MacOS), Windows, bare-metal and/or real-time operating systems.
The candidate will be working primarily on developing in the lower to mid-levels of the software stack (Firmware, Driver, Middleware), will work with other engineers in the team on exciting projects spanning multiple Intel products. System software design and development on Linux and/or Windows are a big plus.
Candidates with interest and aptitude in driver/lower middleware SW development are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a BS degree in Electrical or Computer Science/Engineering; or any other related area.
- 6+ months experience with C/C++.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Experience or Coursework in the following areas:
- Linux development of architectures (IXP, IA-32, IA-64, and others).
- Linux platform debug.
- SystemVerilog, Verilog or VHDL.
- Linux* kernel, proficient programming skills in the C programming language.
- Open source software development.
- Windows driver development.
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Intern JR0124675 Phoenix
Back to top