Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software.
- We are looking for energetic, passionate and aspiring software engineers to join Intel.
- We seek developers who are ready to take on new challenges, solve ambiguous/challenging problems and learn a few tricks along the way.
- In this position you will contribute to the design, development and deployment of substrate design automation capabilities.
- You will have the opportunity to design and develop end-to-end functionality (full-stack) and deliver new functionality in an agile software development environment.
- Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
This is an entry level position and would be compensated accordingly.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the ideal behavioral traits:
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand software stack and apply new requirements efficiently
- Passion and drive to investigate and pursue on their own continuous improvement opportunities to improve software stack
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Possess an Master Degree in Computer Science
Preferred, minimum 1 year of experience in the following areas:
- Software design and development experience
- C++ programming, OO design principles, C#, data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design principles
- Data structures and algorithms
- Agile & Scrum Processes
- Visual Studio, TFS development, continuous builds (CC .NET, TeamCity)
- MFC, STL, Boost libraries
- Familiarity with ECAD/DFM tools like Mentor Expedition, Cadence Allegro/APD, Valor is a plus
- Scripting skills in Python
- Product life cycle and software development life cycles
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US College Grad JR0115164 Phoenix
Back to top