SoC Physical Design Engineer
- Marlborough, MA
In this position you will be working as SoC Physical design and Integration Engineer within the Xeon performance Group (XPG) in Silicon Engineering Group (SEG), developing a ground breaking high performance custom SOC. This is a great opportunity to join a talented team, early in the product execution lifecycle, as we transition into design and execution (EXE). This program will include innovation in system to achieve performance across a broad scope of system components including computing (core/un-core), interconnect (on-die, on-MCP, off-MCP), silicon technologies, packaging, reliability and system software.
You must have hands-on and in-depth knowledge of SoC Physical design flow from high level design to synthesis, place and route, timing and power, to creating a design database that is ready for manufacturing. You should also have the technical expertise, knowledge, and experience to :
- Lead and mentor junior engineers in specific physical design domains.
- Guide and collaborate with partner domains like Logic, TFM, test, etc., to optimize for convergence.
- Deliver on-time and high quality structural design database.
The responsibilities will be tailored to the candidate's skills and expertise and will include several of the following, but not be limited to:
- Performing floor-planning and routing studies and implementation
- Logic synthesis and Auto Place and Route for SoC blocks
- Full chip and section level timing analysis
- Evaluate low power techniques and power reduction opportunities
- Perform clock distribution design and analysis
- Perform Power Integrity and Reliability analysis and verification
- Perform Functional Equivalence Verification
- Drive technical activities of physical design during all phases of execution
- Review and direct technical aspects of engagement with contingent workforce
- Ability to work independently and at different levels of abstraction
- Ability to work effectively with both internal and external teams/customers is expected.
- Ability to mentor other engineers and technically guide them.
- Capable of working in a high performing team to deliver the results required from the organization.
- Facilitator of direct and open communication, diversity of opinion, and debate.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-site teams and stakeholders to achieve results for the organization
BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other related field of study with a minimum of 5+ years of industry experience in SOC/IP physical design including:
- Demonstrable experience in RLS
- Demonstrable experience in floor planning and routing
- Demonstrable experience in physical design convergence and tape-in
- Circuit design and feasibility
- Interconnect design and analysis
- Computer micro-architecture understanding - translation of architectural specification into physical domain
- Layout design understanding
- RTL/Logic design (Verilog, VCS, etc.) understanding
This position involves work on a U.S. Government contract which may impose certain security requirements. This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Inside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intel's leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0128537 Hudson
Back to top