Looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding role at Intel? Come and join us. The Intel Architecture Graphics and Software Organization is looking for SOC Performance Architect(s) to join their team. This team works hand in hand with our design, validation, and architecture teams to deliver best-in-class performance, power and innovations across the XEON CPU portfolio. The ideal candidate will have experience in computer architecture, performance analysis, power analysis and software engineering. As a Performance Architect, you will help define and drive critical performance and performance/watt features for industry and customer leadership at both the architectural and micro-architectural levels. You will work in a team environment that sets the architectural direction across the entire roadmap future datacenter CPUs.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- SOC performance and performance/watt modeling, studies, analysis
- Conducting forward looking research and development for next generation server processors
- Understanding usage models and develop key performance and performance/watt indicators
- Defining, planning, and scoping the performance modeling, studies, and analysis work with predictable well-communicated execution timelines
- Identifying, mapping architectural and micro-architectural features to their power and performance impacts
- Sets requirements for and works to continuously improve power and performance modeling infrastructure
Behavioral traits that we are looking for:
- Strong problem solving, debugging, multi-tasking, and brainstorming skills
- Ability to collaborate, be inclusive, and influence across a diverse cross-organizational team
- Strong self-initiative and persistence, ability to deal with a high degree of ambiguity and drive clarity in key areas
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- A demonstrated ability to distill complex ideas into well-articulated and easy-to-understand messages
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be considered for this position.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 8+ years of experience. OR a master's degree with 6+ years of experience. OR a PhD with 4+ years of experience:
- Computer architecture, simulation-based performance modeling, and performance analysis, above and beyond standard academic computer architecture coursework
- Software engineering skills such as Linux, C++, GIT, GDB, and Python.
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level-not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Massachusetts, Hudson;US, Texas, Austin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0155519 Hillsboro Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software