The XEON Performance Architecture (XPA ) team is looking for an experienced SoC Fabric Performance Architect to join their team. This team collaborates with design, validation, and architecture organizations to deliver best-in-class performance and innovations across the XEON CPU portfolio. The ideal candidate will have experience in Computer Architecture, Software Engineering, and Performance Analysis.
As part of this team, you will help define and drive critical performance features for industry and customer leadership at both the architectural and micro-architectural levels. Additionally, you will work in a dynamic team environment, influencing and driving solutions across the entire road-map of current and future datacenter CPUs.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- SoC Fabric performance modeling, studies, and analysis.
- Understanding server interconnect usage models and key performance indicators.
- Defining, planning, and scoping the performance modeling, studies, and analysis work.
- Distilling architectural and micro-architectural information down to the performance-important factors.
- Supporting architecture, design, and validation efforts throughout the entire product life cycle.
- Conducting forward looking research and development for next generation server fabric systems.
- Developing analytical and simulation models, creating analysis tools, identifying bottlenecks, and presenting results.
- Inventing and modeling features that solve key problems and improve performance, power, area, and cost.
- Working with software and other enabling teams to continuously improve performance modeling infrastructure
Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 6+ years of relevant experience. OR a Master's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 4+ years of relevant experience. OR a PhD degree with 2+ years of relevant experience:
- CPU Architecture and microarchitecture, SoC architecture
- SoC Interconnect fabrics, Accelerators, I/O architecture or server platform architecture
- Simulation-based Performance Modeling and analysis
- Software engineering and debug skills such as C++, GIT, Python
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level-not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
US, Oregon, Hillsboro;US, Texas, Austin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0156622 Santa Clara Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software