SoC Design Engineer - Pre-Silicon Validation - SoC Validation
- Hillsboro, OR
Come join Intel's Devices Development Group organization in Pre-Silicon Validation. In this role you will be working as part of a Pre-Silicon Validation team for future Intel SoCs, driving validation at the System on a Chip (SoC) level.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Validation of features and flows at the SoC level
- Creating plans and tests for validating portions of a complex microarchitecture using written specs, RTL code and other tests as a guide
- Learning the architecture and microarchitecture by debugging failures to the root cause
- Developing and utilizing various debug and validation tools and/or methodologies to implement validation plans with the goal being to ensure a solid design
- Participating in the debug of failures on silicon and developing new testing strategies to detect these failures on RTL models
- Engaging with IP providers and customers to define, develop and deliver necessary infrastructure and address issues found during execution
- Developing tools and methods to streamline SoC validation to deliver highest quality in shortest time possible
- Developing debugging tools and software
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Candidate must have either a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering and 8+ years of experience in: - OR - a Masters of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering and 6+ years of experience in:
- Reading and interpreting technical specs and Register Transfer Level (RTL) code
- SoC development, verification, or integration using Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Writing validation plans and software to implement those validation plans
3+ years of experience with:
- Object oriented programming language
- UNIX or Linux
6+ years of experience with:
- Validation or testing, especially in a silicon design team
3+ years of experience with:
- Computer architecture
- IA-32 assembly and/or Verilog* programming
Inside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intel's leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0144666 Hillsboro
Back to top