SoC Design Engineer
- Hillsboro, OR
A SoC Physical design and Integration Engineer within Advance Architecture Development Group, will be developing a ground breaking high performance processors core. The focus of this role is to Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for SoC (System on a Chip) development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Floorplanning, physical implementation, and process technology exploration of highly complex CPU core to achieve the highest performance per watts on leading edge process technology.
- Determine architecture design, logic design, and system simulation.
- Define module interfaces/formats for simulation.
- Perform Logic design for integration of cell libraries, functional units and subsystems into SoC full chip designs, Register Transfer Level coding, and simulation for SoCs.
- Contribute to the development of multidimensional designs involving the layout of complex integrated circuits.
- Perform all aspects of the SoC design flow from high-level design to synthesis, place and route, timing and power to create a design database that is ready for manufacturing.
- Analyze equipment to establish operation infrastructure, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results.
- May also review vendor capability to support development.
In addition to the qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will also demonstrate the following traits:
- High motivation and results orientation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- Teamwork, negotiation, and presentation skills
Candidate must have a Masters degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 1+ years of experience in: VLSI design thru University projects or Industry Internship applying design principles and techniques in at least two of the following areas:
- Integrated Circuit; SoC Physical design flow from high level design to synthesis, place and route, timing and power optimization;
- Understanding of trade off and optimization technique between Performance, Power and Area.
- Candidate with experience in Floorplannning, Timing budgeting, Power Grid Planning, Clock Planning, and Full Chip timing is a plus.
You should also have the technical expertise in:
- Programming and scripting language such as : perl, tcl/tk, python.
- Computer architecture
- RTL design
- Digital logic and optimizations
- SOC design and integration
- Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Complementary MOS (CMOS) circuits and timing
- Programming / Scripting
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level-not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US College Grad JR0145614 Hillsboro
Back to top