SoC Design Engineer
- Santa Clara, CA
In this role responsibilities include, although not limited to:
- Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for CPU development
- Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation
- Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation
- Performs Logic design for integration of cell libraries, functional units and subsystems into CPU full chip designs, Register Transfer Level coding, and simulation for CPUs
- Contributes to the development of multidimensional designs involving the layout of complex integrated circuits
- Performs all aspects of the CPU design flow from high-level design to synthesis, place and route, timing and power to create a design database that is ready for manufacturing
- Analyzes equipment to establish operation infrastructure, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results
- May also review vendor capability to support development
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
Minimum Qualifications :
The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science with 3+ years of experience -OR- a Master's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science with 3+ months of experience in:.
- System Verilog writing skills, preferably in OVM/UVM
- Test planning and test bench development skills
- Coverage-Driven Verification experience functional and RTL coverage
- Object Oriented Programming, Scripting Skills (Perl, Python)
- Waveform debugging with latest EDA tools, root-cause bugs independently
Inside this Business Group
Xeon Performance Group (XPG) delivers custom server SoC design solutions to our data center customers. It is chartered to deliver data centric silicon that is high-performing, cost-effective, high-quality, and on schedule in way that increases market share and drives the best solutions for our customers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US College Grad JR0146850 Santa Clara Xeon Performance Group (XPG)
Back to top