Site Reliability Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Intel is seeking well-rounded Site Reliability Engineers developing automated solutions for monitoring, performance and capacity planning, high availability and disaster response for on-prem multi-server clustered mission critical applications. This individual will work with a team of developers and other infrastructure engineers to design, implement, and maintain our private-cloud infrastructure:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services - Designing, building, deploying, monitoring, performance tuning and supporting clustered multi-tier applications.
- Develop and implement operational performance and reliability indicators for the applications
- Synthesize the operational metrics and incident to drive actions to improve performance and reliability.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews. Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Drive improvements to reduce complexity with clean and simple implementations.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post mortems.
- Self-starter who can manage ambiguity with a bias for action
Key Skills Required:
- Infrastructure and application configuration automation, monitoring, visualization using industry standard tools
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Linux fundamentals, System administration scripting, performance tuning / scalability, troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of tuning database engines (e.g. PostgreSQL) on Linux OS.
- Architecting experience with CI-CD / Devops solutions
- Linux /Windows Systems administration experience, storage technologies and user-level knowledge of firewalls and load-balancers.
- Strong knowledge of network protocol layers, configuration/tuning.
- Knowledge of storage fundamentals (block/object, direct attached/networked solutions)
- Prior experience in running large-scale Linux enterprise clustered applications with proven DevOps mindset is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux (6+ years of experience. Exceptional engineers with shorter experience are also encouraged to apply and will be favorably considered).
- Minimum of 2 years of Linux system administration experience (CentOS/Suse preferred)
- Automation using Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc..
- Monitoring and visualization using Prometheus, ELK stack, Grafana, New-Relic, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced Linux concepts (like Namespaces, Cgroups, SystemD, JournalD and FirewallD)
- Strong knowledge bare-metal clustering and deployment strategies
- Strong knowledge of storage (NAS, Object) and networking
- Hands on experience: Shell, Python, Go, Ruby, etc.
- Working knowledge of Containers and orchestration systems is a plus (Kubernetes and Docker a plus)
- Experience in designing and operating highly scalable, highly available solution
- Excellent problem-solving skills to troubleshoot complex issues
- Passion in delivering high quality end-user experience
Education: BS in Computer Science with 10+ years' or MS with 8+ years' relevant experience.
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel's offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.
IN Experienced Hire JR0147533 Bangalore
Back to top