Intel Power Architecture and technologies (IPAT) is looking for Silicon Architecture Engineer to join our team. In this position you will help us with the following responsibilities: specifies and implements CPU power, performance, and thermal management algorithms, as well as other CPU control and management functions. Architects and designs embedded firmware solutions on micro-controllers that work within system-level design constraints. Defines interfaces between hardware, firmware, and software. Analyzes existing algorithms and implementations for defects and weaknesses and proposes changes to improve function and performance. Uses knowledge and experience to influence architecture and design for future products.
Behavioral traits that we are looking for:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to technical detail, problem solving skills and tolerance to ambiguity
- Ability to Multi-task and ability to Work in a Dynamic Team-Oriented Environment
Minimum Skills required
Must have Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 7+ years of relevant experience. OR a Master's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of relevant experience:
- Microprocessor development, IA-32 architecture/micro-architecture, or computer system architecture
- Low-level software or firmware programming skills in assembly or C
- Programming languages: C or C++ required
- Hardware/software interfaces, interactions, or debug
Preferred skills that will make you stand out:
- Post-silicon debug experience
- Validation and/or testing, especially in processor design teams
- Platform architecture
- Operating system knowledge
- CPU power management
- UNIX command-line tools
- Other programming languages: Ruby, Python, or Perl
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level-not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Texas, Austin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0157832 Hudson Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software