Server System Debug Engineer
- Hillsboro, OR
DPEA, the Data Products Architecture & Engineering organization invents, designs, and builds the world's most critical computing platforms which fuel Intel's most important business and solve the world's most fundamental problems.
DPEA is seeking a server platform debug engineer to join the AP/SP Platform Integration & Validation team who is responsible for ensuring Intel's newest datacenter platforms launch on time with exceptional quality.
Server System Debug Engineers are responsible for:
- Triage, debug and identification of the root cause of hardware and software failures on Intel's newest datacenter platforms.
- Provides a critical link between the silicon, board, system and ingredient development teams, and the platform integration and validation teams ensuring efficient root cause identification and closure of issues.
- Be instrumental in improving the overall debug skillset of the organization (such as developing reference workflows and training material) and investigating new debug technologies (such as telemetric and automated data analysis).
- Good communication skills and be willing to effectively communicate plans and status of validation activities in various forums.
- Self-motivated and willing to make decisions with little or no direction and be willing to deal with ambiguity.
- Comfortable in a lab environment and willing to continuously learn new things as technology advances.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar field with 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience with PC architecture, either integrating and validating various system components (HW, BIOS, OS, Drivers, etc.), developing and debugging low level PC based applications, or validating HW components used in PCs - CPU, PCH, Boards, Storage, etc.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience integrating, validating, and debugging in-development IA based server platforms.
- Good knowledge of Chipset/processor interfaces (PCI Express, UPI, Memory, USB, SAS, etc.) and be willing to interpret specifications to assist with debug and test development.
- Experience in communicating requests and gather information from validation, design, BIOS, Firmware, Chipset, processor, and third parties, as needed, to get to issue resolution.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0150476 Hillsboro
Back to top